Archive for the 'Uncategorized' Category
tacote April 29th, 2015
Saturday September 19, 2015
Due to the size of our venue, we only allow 150 entrants into our triathlon. Please register early so you can guarantee a spot, we had to turn people away in the past. The Colby Triathlon is a competitive race for elite racers and a great triathlon to try as a beginner. We pride ourselves on having a lot of first time triathletes. Our triathlon is a great way to end the season.
Again, this year if you are a non-USA Triathlon member you will purchase your $12 one day license through active.com. This license serves as our insurance policy through USAT. Our prices remain the same as last year! We are one of the least expensive triathlons around, but we strive to bring you a top-quality product and we pride ourselves on great prizes for all age groups. We hope to see you in September!!
To register for this year’s event:
admin September 20th, 2014
Thank you for joining us at today’s 10th Annual Colby Triathlon at the Hume Center in Sidney, Maine. Despite the chilly temps and wavy swim, the event once again featured great competition from some of Maine’s best triathletes alongside memorable experiences for the many first-timers. As always, proceeds from the event help the Nordic ski team offset training and travel expenses as the prep for another season again the nation’s top Division I ski teams.
GO TO COLBY NORDIC SKIING ON FACEBOOK TO CHECK OUT GREAT PHOTOS FROM THE RACE!
TOP MEN – L to R, Isaac Stickney (2nd), Judice Stephen (1st), Rob Fast (3rd)
TOP WOMEN: L to R, Heidi Watson (3rd), Erika Rodrigue (2nd), Brooke Hackett (1st)
TOP LOCAL FINISHERS: L to R, Wendy Hallenbeck (Waterville, ME), Greg Goodhue (Sidney, ME)
tacote September 13th, 2014
2014 RACE INFORMATION AND SCHEDULE (scroll down to see updates)
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 19—–Alfond Athletic Center Lobby (Colby College Campus) click for directions to campus from maps.google.com
6 – 8 p.m. Packet pickup for racers. Pick up your numbers and schwag bags to avoid waiting in line on Saturday morning. If you pick up your packet and bag on Friday, you don’t need to go to the on-site registration tent on Saturday. There is some construction due to the natural gas lines being put down so please park in whatever lot is available and walk to the front doors of the building. Go in main doors of the Alfond Athletic Center and look to your left. Our tables will be set up there.
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 20, RACE DAY—– Colby-Hume Center, Messalonskee Lake, Sidney click for directions to the Hume Center from maps.google.com
6:45 – 8:45 a.m. Packet Pickup for racers – keep in mind, there is no day of race registration!
6:45 – 8:45 a.m. Transition area open. You need to pick up your packet before entering the TA, because you need to show your number to get in. Bodymarking upon entrance into the TA. Bike racks, first come first serve!
9:00 a.m. Race Start
AWARDS: Approximately :20 minutes after the last finisher we will have Awards for top finishers and top three age group winners. Since we routinely have age group place finishers as some of our overall last finishers, we need to wait until the race is completed to do our awards ceremony. We recognize this may mean a wait for some top finishers, but hopefully you’re award is worth the wait. We do not mail awards. Official USAT age groups are your age as of December 31, 2013.
September 13, 2014 Updates
Last weekend we checked the course as we prepare for the race on Saturday. Here are a few updates and reminders:
- Parking is very limited at the race site close to the transition. If you are parked within the venue, you will need to stay parked until the last finisher. Transition spots are first come, first serve. Since it’s a flow through transition, entering one one side and exiting on one side – all our transition spots are decent.
- You will be biking on a gravel driveway. This provides an extremely unpredictable biking surface. Please check it out the morning of the race so you identify sections of loose gravel. The most dangerous part is upon completion of the bike course as you go down the long driveway and sweep left to the dismount line. SLOW DOWN! We have seen plenty of wipeouts on this driveway with solid gravel, so if you are not careful you will need your new towel to wash off your road rash. The few minutes you lose slowing down will be much less than if you crash.
- Although Maine is a beautiful and awesome state, our roads are not always as great. After a fresh coat of pavement only a few years ago – the road that you leave on and return from the Hume Center is not in the best shape. Please be careful on this road and realize that although you may need to avoid some cracked pavement, our course is not closed to traffic.
- Upon exiting the swim you will want to stay to the left of the fencing as there are rocks below the surface. Please be careful as you get close to shore.
- Lastly, the men’s wave will go first – followed by women and teams. Please make sure you are in the correct wave so we can get our results done correctly. We absolutely require the swim caps in your bag to be worn as it helps us make sure you are in the right wave and helps us keep you safe.
- We love spectators and have a great atmosphere with an announcer telling us about the race, however, only racers should be in the transition area.
Only the toughest triathletes race in late September! We are so excited that you’ve all decided to do our race. See you Saturday!!
tacote September 21st, 2013
A big thank-you to everyone who came and raced today!
Congratulations to our overall winners Milan Babik and Erika Rodrigue . We feel fortunate to have such amazing top level athletes coming to our race.
Everyone who crossed the finish line accomplished something big today – congratulations! Thanks for letting us be a part of it all. Hope to see you all back in 2014!
admin September 21st, 2013
Splits were taken at the exit of the transition for all legs.
And some “for fun only” results that include only estimated finish times (with a few times just a bit off) — we tested a new iOS app “Webscorer” today and used it as our back-up timing. We’re including the link because we thought you might enjoy the ability to sort results in various ways
Congrats to our Age Group and Overall Winners!
|Overall||Team Regan, Hynes, Finnegan||2|
|Team Co-ed||Team Randall, Randall, Randall||1|
|Team Male||Team Regan, Hynes, Finnegan||1|
|F18-19||Blake Mccartney, Katherine Riley||2|
admin September 22nd, 2012
Congratulations to Tom Esponnette (Woburn, MA) and Erin Brennan (Portland, ME) winners of the 2012 Colby Triathlon!!! We hope you had a great time and will consider joining us again next year. Registration for our 2013 race will be open in about a week.