Weather looks to be really great for the weekend – if you haven’t signed up for our race, sign up now. Spots still available until Thursday at midnight.
2015 RACE INFORMATION AND SCHEDULE (scroll down to see updates)
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 18—–Alfond Athletic Center Lobby (Colby College Campus) click for directions to campus from maps.google.com
6 – 8 p.m. Packet pickup for racers. Pick up your numbers and schwag bags to avoid waiting in line on Saturday morning. If you pick up your packet and bag on Friday, you don’t need to go to the on-site registration tent on Saturday. There is some construction due to the natural gas lines being put down so please park in whatever lot is available and walk to the front doors of the building. Go in main doors of the Alfond Athletic Center and look to your left. Our tables will be set up there.
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19, RACE DAY—– Colby-Hume Center, Messalonskee Lake, Sidney click for directions to the Hume Center from maps.google.com
6:45 – 8:45 a.m. Packet Pickup for racers – keep in mind, there is no day of race registration!
6:45 – 8:45 a.m. Transition area open. You need to pick up your packet before entering the TA, because you need to show your number to get in. Bodymarking upon entrance into the TA. Bike racks, first come first serve!
9:00 a.m. Race Start
AWARDS: Approximately :20 minutes after the last finisher we will have Awards for top finishers and top three age group winners. Since we routinely have age group place finishers as some of our overall last finishers, we need to wait until the race is completed to do our awards ceremony. We recognize this may mean a wait for some top finishers, but hopefully you’re award is worth the wait. We do not mail awards. Official USAT age groups are your age as of December 31, 2015.
September 14, 2015 Updates
Last weekend we checked the course as we prepare for the race on Saturday. Here are a few updates and reminders:
- Parking is very limited at the race site close to the transition. If you are parked within the venue, you will need to stay parked until the last finisher. Transition spots are first come, first serve. Since it’s a flow through transition, entering one one side and exiting on one side – all our transition spots are decent.
- You will be biking on a gravel driveway. This provides an extremely unpredictable biking surface. Please check it out the morning of the race so you identify sections of loose gravel. The most dangerous part is upon completion of the bike course as you go down the long driveway and sweep left to the dismount line. SLOW DOWN! We have seen plenty of wipeouts on this driveway with solid gravel, so if you are not careful you will need your new towel to wash off your road rash. The few minutes you lose slowing down will be much less than if you crash.
- Although Maine is a beautiful and awesome state, our roads are not always as great. After a fresh coat of pavement only a few years ago – the road that you leave on and return from the Hume Center is not in the best shape. Please be careful on this road and realize that although you may need to avoid some cracked pavement, our course is not closed to traffic.
- Upon exiting the swim you will want to stay to the left of the fencing as there are rocks below the surface. Please be careful as you get close to shore.
- We love spectators and have a great atmosphere with an announcer telling us about the race, however, only racers should be in the transition area.
- Lastly, Wave 1 = Men. Wave 2 = Women and all teams. Please make sure you are in the correct wave so we can get our results done correctly. We absolutely require the swim caps in your bag to be worn as it helps us make sure you are in the right wave and helps us keep you safe.
- Click here or save the link for Live results available during the race (link will appear at top of results list when available.)
Only the toughest triathletes race in late September! We are so excited that you’ve all decided to do our race. See you Saturday!!