It is our 10th anniversary! In celebration, we are bringing back the Colby Triathlon Towels. However, you will have to register early to get one.
Xterra wetsuits is also back as a sponsor of our event and will be giving a wetsuit to the top male and female swimmers out of the water that are NOT on a team. You will also be receiving an email with some great wetsuit deals from Xterra once you are registered for our event.
We have great prizes for the overall podium and for the top three in every age group. $100 cash prize is back for the top male and female finishers. Come join us for a great end to the triathlon season!!
Colby Triathlon 10th Anniversary Race!!!! SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2014
Due to the size of our venue, we only allow 150 entrants into our triathlon. Please register early so you can guarantee a spot, we had to turn people away both of the last two years. The Colby Triathlon is a competitive race for elite racers and a great triathlon to try as a beginner. We pride ourselves on having a lot of first time triathletes. Our triathlon is a great way to end the season.
Again, this year if you are a non-USA Triathlon member you will purchase your $12 one day license through active.com. This license serves as our insurance policy through USAT. Our prices remain the same as last year! We are one of the least expensive triathlons around, but we strive to bring you a top-quality product and we pride ourselves on great prizes for all age groups. We hope to see you in September!!
To register for this year’s event: Link to Registration
A big thank-you to everyone who came and raced today!
Congratulations to our overall winners Milan Babik and Erika Rodrigue . We feel fortunate to have such amazing top level athletes coming to our race.
Everyone who crossed the finish line accomplished something big today – congratulations! Thanks for letting us be a part of it all. Hope to see you all back in 2014!
Splits were taken at the exit of the transition for all legs.
Colby Triathlon 2013 Official Results w. Splits
And some “for fun only” results that include only estimated finish times (with a few times just a bit off) — we tested a new iOS app “Webscorer” today and used it as our back-up timing. We’re including the link because we thought you might enjoy the ability to sort results in various ways
Link to Webscorer “for fun only” results
Congrats to our Age Group and Overall Winners!
Last weekend we checked the course as we prepare for the race on Saturday. Here are a few updates and reminders:
- Parking is very limited at the race site close to the transition. If you are parked within the venue, you will need to stay parked until the last finisher. Transition spots are first come, first serve. Since it’s a flow through transition, entering one one side and exiting on one side – all our transition spots are decent.
- The gravel driveway has been recently redone with a fresh coat of new gravel as there was extreme washout from the wet weather. Although this is helpful to the Hume Center, it provides an extremely unpredictable biking surface. Please check it out the morning of the race so you identify sections of loose gravel. The most dangerous part is upon completion of the bike course as you go down the long driveway and sweep left to the dismount line. SLOW DOWN! We have seen plenty of wipeouts on this driveway with solid gravel, so if you are not careful you will be sporting a lot of road rash with your new Colby Triathlon buff. The few minutes you lose slowing down will be much less than if you crash.
- Although Maine is a beautiful and awesome state, our roads are not always as great. After a fresh coat of pavement only a few years ago – the road that you leave on and return from the Hume Center is not in the best shape. Please be careful on this road and realize that although you may need to avoid some cracked pavement, our course is not closed to traffic.
- Upon exiting the swim you will want to stay to the left of the fencing as there are rocks below the surface. Please be careful as you get close to shore.
- Lastly, the men’s wave will go first – followed by women and teams. Please make sure you are in the correct wave so we can get our results done correctly.
- We love spectators and have a great atmosphere with an announcer telling us about the race, however, only racers should be in the transition area.
Only the toughest triathletes race in late September! We are so excited that you’ve all decided to do our race. See you Saturday!!
2013 RACE INFORMATION AND SCHEDULE
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 20—–Alfond Athletic Center Lobby (Colby College Campus) click for directions to campus from maps.google.com
6 – 8 p.m. Packet pickup for racers. Pick up your numbers and schwag bags to avoid waiting in line on Saturday morning. If you pick up your packet and bag on Friday, you don’t need to go to the on-site registration tent on Saturday. Go in main doors of the Alfond Athletic Center and look to your left. Our tables will be set up there.
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 21, RACE DAY—– Colby-Hume Center, Messalonskee Lake, Sidney click for directions to the Hume Center from maps.google.com
6:45 – 8:45 a.m. Packet Pickup for racers – keep in mind, there is no day of race registration!
6:45 – 8:45 a.m. Transition area open. You need to pick up your packet before entering the TA, because you need to show your number to get in. Bodymarking upon entrance into the TA. Bike racks, first come first serve!
9:00 a.m. Race Start
Approximately :20 minutes after the last finisher- Awards for top finishers and age group winners. Since we routinely have age group place finishers as some of our overall last finishers, we need to wait until the race is completed to do our awards ceremony. We recognize this may mean a wait for some top finishers, but hopefully you’re award is worth the wait. We do not mail awards. Official USAT age groups are your age as of December 31, 2013.
Hammer Nutrition will once again be providing on course race nutrition with HEED at our feed stations and gels in your race packet. Be sure to check out their products for all your future racing needs!
Xterra who will be providing a prize to the first male and female swimmers out of the water, have given discounts on Xterra wetsuits if you need to order one for the race. We will email a coupon code to everyone registered in the race to this point. If you don’t receive an email, please contact Tracey at email@example.com. You can click here to use your coupon code and see the awesome wetsuit deals.
If you received a registration unavailable on active.com- please try to register again. Our registration is still open for our upcoming event as we have not yet reached our cap. Active.com is having technical difficulties SO CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Thanks for your patience and we’re so excited that you will be joining us on race day!
You can also keep track of the race through our facebook page
Registration prices for the Colby Triathlon will increase on September 12th. If you are considering registering, do it now! We have a great race planned with awesome prices for overall winners and for the top three in every USAT age group. Hammer Nutrition is once again supplying our on course nutrition and all participants will receive a Colby Triathlon Buff (a necessary piece of gear for all Maine athletes to get through the winter months) As skiers, we are never without our buffs!!
As nights are getting colder, wetsuits are highly recommended. However, we do have a fair amount of tough people who decide to go without every year. Come enjoy a great end to your triathlon season!!! See you all soon, check in for updates!
Congratulations to Tom Esponnette (Woburn, MA) and Erin Brennan (Portland, ME) winners of the 2012 Colby Triathlon!!! We hope you had a great time and will consider joining us again next year. Registration for our 2013 race will be open in about a week.
Age Group Results (no Splits)
Overall Results (no Splits)
Overall Results (w. Swim, Bike, and Run Splits)
Women’s Only Results (w. Swim, Bike, and Run Splits)